Friday 31 August 2012

The journey beckons

I just saw the cadre allocation... have been allocated Odisha cadre... feeling good. It is a commendable job done by DOPT- cadre allocation before FC is something that I never thought of... now everything seems to be set for Mussorrie... The dream journey... after so many sleepness nights, so many ups and downs in last 4 years, Finally I'll be heading towards the academy in less than 24 hrs... I dreamt something 4 yrs back, and it came true with all the necessary add ons ... Getting into IAS, that too home cadre is the ultimate dream every civils aspirant dream of... so I m really thankful to the almighty for whatever bestowed on me...

         While preparing for exam in Delhi, I went to Shimla for a break after 1st PT results, went to Haridwar- Risikesh with parents but never went to Mussorie... the Shimla plan was initially for Mussorie but for some reason or other we changed it... from that day onwards I decided that I'll be goin to Mussorie only after getting selected i.e. only for LBSNAA... I used to think that if I wud go to Mussorrie before then I wont be clearing the exam... I knw this sounds funny, complete superstition... but I followed... Superstitions, beliefs and faith work beyond the domain of science but it helps to condition one's mind...

        now, the packing is done... Most challenging part was to meet the demand of joining instruction- oxford shoes, trekking shoes, 4 sets of bedsheet and pillow cover and what not... I ended up packing 2 big baggages now... before getting a single penny as salary, we OTs are asked to spend so much... anyways loving it... Public services meant for the aam admi of India with all the sophistication is all what makes IAS  an interesting career... anyways it is we people who will be responsible now on to bridge the gap between the people of India and the Govt...

          

6 comments: